USS Vanguard Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > In Character > In Character Posts
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Third Opinion

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order / View First Unread Post
Shirik Lektar View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Ops Chief

Joined: February/24/2011
Location: Jacobsburg, OH
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 191
Post Options Post Options   Quote Shirik Lektar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Third Opinion
    Posted: Today at 6:14pm
The EMH shimmered into view and smiled at Tyzur. Before she could even ask why she'd been summoned he told her. "Certainly, Doctor, I'd be happy to have a look." She looked in the direction of the workstation but didn't move. "Given the unexpected adaptations and the fact that Commander Lektar is the only source of medical information we have on her species, predicting the effects if the treatment with absolute certainty is impossible," she said. She paused a moment, as if in thought. "Dr. Piche's records indicate he was pursuing a stem cell therapy. I see that you are opting for a nanoprobe therapy instead. May I ask why?"
Back to Top
Tyzur View Drop Down
Simmer
Simmer
Avatar
Chief Medical Officer

Joined: July/05/2026
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 64
Post Options Post Options   Quote Tyzur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 5:09pm

"Third Opinion"


Emily Marsh, EMH

Lt. Tyzur, Chief Medical Officer


Stardate: 58807.16, 1711h


Location: USS Vanguard, Sickbay


***


Nearly an hour after Lektar had left, Tyzur was still working through the scan results.

He had already run a preliminary simulation of the proposed treatment. The results were promising, but there was a complication. The model could account for the damaged pathways, but it was less certain how Lektar’s existing neural adaptations might respond to the treatment.

Tyzur could run a more complex simulation himself. What he wanted was another medical perspective on the results.

“Computer, activate EMH program.”

The familiar shimmer resolved into Emily.

“Doctor,” Tyzur said. “I have a simulation I’d like to run. I’d appreciate a second opinion while we interpret the results.”

He gestured toward the workstation.

“I want to see whether an adaptive model gives us anything the conventional simulation missed. If you see anything worth changing, I’d like to hear it.”

Lt. Tyzur, Chief Medical Officer
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.65 [Free Express Edition]
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz