Print Page | Close Window

Third Opinion

Printed From: USS Vanguard
Category: In Character
Forum Name: In Character Posts
Forum Discription: Posts in Progress here
URL: http:/www.aerth.org/Vanguard/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=465
Printed Date: October/05/2026 at 7:11pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.65 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Third Opinion
Posted By: Tyzur
Subject: Third Opinion
Date Posted: October/05/2026 at 5:09pm

"Third Opinion"


Emily Marsh, EMH

Lt. Tyzur, Chief Medical Officer


Stardate: 58807.16, 1711h


Location: USS Vanguard, Sickbay


***


Nearly an hour after Lektar had left, Tyzur was still working through the scan results.

He had already run a preliminary simulation of the proposed treatment. The results were promising, but there was a complication. The model could account for the damaged pathways, but it was less certain how Lektar’s existing neural adaptations might respond to the treatment.

Tyzur could run a more complex simulation himself. What he wanted was another medical perspective on the results.

“Computer, activate EMH program.”

The familiar shimmer resolved into Emily.

“Doctor,” Tyzur said. “I have a simulation I’d like to run. I’d appreciate a second opinion while we interpret the results.”

He gestured toward the workstation.

“I want to see whether an adaptive model gives us anything the conventional simulation missed. If you see anything worth changing, I’d like to hear it.”



-------------
Lt. Tyzur, Chief Medical Officer



Replies:
Posted By: Shirik Lektar
Date Posted: October/05/2026 at 6:14pm
The EMH shimmered into view and smiled at Tyzur. Before she could even ask why she'd been summoned he told her. "Certainly, Doctor, I'd be happy to have a look." She looked in the direction of the workstation but didn't move. "Given the unexpected adaptations and the fact that Commander Lektar is the only source of medical information we have on her species, predicting the effects if the treatment with absolute certainty is impossible," she said. She paused a moment, as if in thought. "Dr. Piche's records indicate he was pursuing a stem cell therapy. I see that you are opting for a nanoprobe therapy instead. May I ask why?"



Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.65 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2010 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com