USS Vanguard Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archives > Misson 1: Mists of Bandari
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed58807.16-0705 - "Battle Scarred"

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Shirik Lektar View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Ops Chief

Joined: February/24/2011
Location: Jacobsburg, OH
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 58807.16-0705 - "Battle Scarred"
    Posted: Today at 9:36am
"Battle Scarred"

Lt Korn Zaje, Chief Tactical Officer
Lt Tyzur, Chief Medical Officer

Stardate: 58807.16 07h05
Location: Sick Bay, Deck 2

Zaje arrived at the doors to Sick Bay, still bleeding and starting to feel woozy. Fortunately he'd not encountered any other crew members once leaving the gym. That would have been an awkward conversation. As he entered, he caught his reflection on a computer screen, his gi bottoms now mostly red as his blood continued to ooze out of the wound.

Sick Bay was empty, not unusual at this time of day, so Zaje found the nearest biobed and sat on the edge. With a slight chuckle he called out "Hey Doc, I think I might need some assistance." As the sickness took hold, Zaje lay down on the bed. "No rush Doc."

Tyzur appeared from one of the adjoining compartments at the sound of Zaje's voice. His eyes went immediately to the blood. "Lieutenant?" The lightness in Zaje's voice didn't match the amount of blood covering his gi. Tyzur crossed the room quickly, his cybernetic arm already unfolding as its medical systems came online. "Stay where you are."

A scanner extended from the arm and swept over Zaje as Tyzur reached the biobed. The initial readings appeared before him, his attention moving between them and the wound. "Keep your eyes open for me." He placed a hand against the wound, applying pressure while the scanner continued its assessment. "I'm going to need to know where you're hurt and how it happened." His eyes flicked briefly toward Zaje's face. "Then we'll worry about the awkward conversation."

Zaje smiled as the Doctor appeared. "I'm not going anywhere Doc," he answered with a chuckle, pain jolting down his side. There was something about Tyzur which put him at immediate ease. Zaje was unperturbed by the Doctor's cybernetic arm. He made a mental note to try and have a conversation with the Doctor at a less 'critical' time.

"Other than the damaged ego and the gaping wound, I've never been better." Zaje laughed again, instantly regretting it as his side burned. "I decided to have a little 'ice breaker' with Lt. Commander Lektar. I know of her expertise with a blade, so I suggested a small sparring session. As you can see, I lost."

Zaje winced once more, but he looked up at the Doctor, straight into his eyes. "I appreciate you'd need to report this, but I want it on record it was my idea."

Tyzur raised an eyebrow at that, though his attention remained on the scanner readings.
“I'm less concerned with who suggested it than with how deep the wound is. I'll record that it was consensual and that you initiated the sparring. But you seem rather concerned about the distinction.”
The scanner passed slowly over Zaje's side again, mapping the damaged tissue beneath the skin.
“Fortunately, Lieutenant Commander Lektar seems to have avoided anything vital. There's significant blood loss, but no major organ damage.”
He glanced at Zaje.
“You're lucky the ice was the only thing that broke.”
The scanner gave a soft chime as it completed its assessment. Tyzur reached for a dermal regenerator.
“This shouldn't take long. Try to keep still.”
He positioned the device over the wound.
“So, did it work? The ice breaking, I mean.”

"Thank you Doctor, I appreciate it"

Zaje watched as the skin started to knit together under the dermal regenerator. Thankfully, it won't be another scar to add to his collection. Unfortunately, the Cardassians hadn't had much of a bedside manner; scars were the least of their concerns.

"I hope it worked. She's a bit guarded, so I thought some 'light combat' might give me some way to peek under the surface. I'll be honest Doc, I don't think she likes me. I can't put my finger on why."

Zaje swung his legs off the bed as the regenerator finished. "Still, it's early days on this crew. I'm sure we'll have ample opportunity to 'bond'...should she wish".

Looking at the Doctor, Zaje smiled "Any pointers?!"

Tyzur gave a small shrug.
“I wouldn't assume she doesn't like you. She's guarded. There's a difference.”
He set the dermal regenerator aside and looked back toward Zaje.
“You may be right, of course. She may not like you.”
A faint smile crossed his face.
“But that doesn't necessarily mean you've done anything wrong.”
He considered the question for a moment.
“Give her reasons to trust you rather than reasons to lower her guard. Let her decide how much she wants to share, and be consistent when she does.”
His expression softened slightly.
“Beyond that, I'm afraid I don't have much advice. People aren't usually as straightforward as injuries.”

The Doctor's calmness soothed Zaje as much as the dermal regenerator. He contemplated the Doctor's suggestion before responding

"Between the first mission and battle drills, there hasn't been much time to get to know the crew. I guess you're right Doc, there is really no reason to award unconditional trust at the moment"

With a clap on the Doctor's back, Zaje jumped up from the bed.

"You're a miracle worker Doc, feels as good as new. Let's hope this is the worst of the injuries for a good while. It's been a pleasure. Maybe we should meet outside of an emergency situation next time"

Zaje joviality hid his disdain for mandatory medicals. He hoped the Doctor was sufficiently distracted as he made for the sick bay door

"Thanks again" 

Tyzur watched Zaje make for the doors, a faint smile crossing his face.
“I'd be happy to. It would be nice to have a conversation where neither of us is bleeding.”
His gaze briefly followed Zaje before returning to the console.
“Coffee, perhaps? I'd be interested to hear how things develop with Lieutenant Commander Lektar.”
As Zaje turned to leave, Tyzur made a mental note to arrange their meeting somewhere with a reasonably discreet medical scanner. He genuinely looked forward to getting to know the tactical officer better. The opportunity for a routine follow-up examination was merely an added convenience. Perhaps he had just discovered a new category of appointment: covert medical assessment.
He looked back toward Zaje.
“I'd like to get to know you properly.”


Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.65 [Free Express Edition]
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz